View Single Post
Old December 3, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Ok, here is a clarification from my side to open this thread. I was strongly trying to be impersonal irrespective to what was my stand on this issue. I didnt even try to imply anything like if the US navy had any other hidden agenda but to help unconditionally to the Sidr victims. Since the presence of an US troop to a third country always raise the eyebrow and controversy by default, I thought I would open a poll to know what was our BC members view and opine in this regard. Hope this explanation will help enough to restrain those who jumps on the bandwagon from labelling me of being a hardliner when our people need desperate help.

Nevertheless, I have an innocent, I repeat, an innocent question to be answered. Why do the US gorvernment need to send naval ship with the naval troop to help our Sidr victims? Couldn't have this help been performed in any other way? Like sending a cargo plane with loads of food and medical stuff, and with a medical and rehabilitation team for that matter? Why the naval army?

Sorry if this "innocent" question reflects my being ignorant, but as a "shadharon jonogon" my inquisiteveness knows no boundary.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life

Last edited by Navarene; December 3, 2007 at 06:41 PM..