Thread: Taslima Nasreen
View Single Post
Old November 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Whats new?

You live by the sword ...you die by the sword ....

Taslima is now India's problem not ours. Now its our turn to just watch the Tamasha...
Cant agree bro. She was born in Bangladesh and also the rightful citizen of bangladesh by birth...definately our problem.

Secondly Islam is a great religion, a religion that asks people to be tolerant of others views.

Her views of Islam are extremely radical but so are the views of countless other people in our world. I know a lot of you are residents of States and Australia. There they have people with more radical views, if we can tolerate them than y cant we tolerate her.

Thirdly she was successful in her motive which was to gain atention. I mean this is a trend of lot of below par writers to seek attention by fuming the fundamentalists. This is how Mr Rushdie sold his books.

Our intolerance provides a dim view abt Bangladesh to the wider world. I like to believe that we are a moderate muslim country. Slowly I am being proved wrong.

Lastly recently Christopher Hitchens published a book called "God is not great" Over there he writes a lot of things against three most popular religion (islam Christianity and Jew). However i don see any church protesting and advertising for his work as a result. Or throwing him out of US. Just sad what happened with her in Bangladesh. She deserves to be punished by the court of law (which she was) and may be on the day of judgement ( to be decided by the allmighty), But not scared out bangladesh by some religious extremist. Don expect u guys to support that either.