View Single Post
Old September 9, 2007, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

there is such an anti-israel bias in these forums!

it was a satisfying performance against a weak opposition. israel possess several excellent players but perhaps not such a strong force when playing together. wright-philips is having a dream of a season. he needs to stay focused against russia. the combination of sean and micah down the right flank is very exciting at present.

owen is still not his true self as yet but it is pleasing to see him scoring. he missed two chances but the goal that he scored was a dream. it's certainly one of the best goals he is ever likely to score against any opposition. heskey, the lumbering station wagon is much better than the 'what have you' giraffe crouch. the former is an industrious player who works hard for the team and has a excellent understanding with owen.

in midfield i was impressed with barry. gareth is a very talented player who would have won many more caps had he played for one of the big four clubs. he has balance, poise and aggression without ever looking fazed or spectacular. hargreaves, if fit shall replace him for the russia match. i sincerely hope that lampard would not be paired with gerrard in the same team. the experiment had failed many a time and it is time to move on.