View Single Post
Old August 27, 2007, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu

AF, what you think?
first of all, i am no a'lim (scholar). i like to pick up things from here and there and then using my own brain decide if i believe in it or not (which is what everyone does anyways).

what i believe is that shaban is a special month as oppossed to say february or rabi ul awwal. this might be because of its proximity to ramadan but who knows.

as far as the 15th of shaban being a day that decided your fate for the next year, i highly doubt this.

there are hadith from sahih al bukhari which states that allah has already gotten a knowledge of our entire life which is written down before we are born. this would completely negate shab e boraat, if true. this is not to say allah chooses our actions for us and we have no control. he is ominiscent; he knows all. this means he knows what actions we will choose for ourselves and writes that down as history.

however, i have also heard that allah can and does rarely change the destiny of people from time to time.

given these complex and often contradictory items, i have over time began to develop a skepticism of the body of scripture we today call the "hadith and sunnah." all muslims agree that only the quran is of 100% accuracy and truth. but even if 99% of the hadith is true, that 1% uncertainty is always lurking in my mind. thus i use a principle by which i analyze a hadith and if it is out of synch with the quran then i disregard it.

so far, i have not personally come across anything in any literature i have read about the fatalism of the 15th of shaban. of course i am not extremely well read by any standard of the phrase either. but even supposing its existence, i would not know what to do with it because it doesn't actually contradict anything in the quran nor is it backed up by the quran.

#OneTeam1Dream