View Single Post
Old August 26, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

neville, in his heyday was as influential to the team as beckham and michael owen. he isn't the most talented player on the pitch, nor the quickest. however, he always thought about the game and was half a yard quicker in his mind. this reading ability has served him well. after the performance of richards in right back i don't think we'd see neville back again in an england shirt unless richards picks up an injury. so with a fully fit defensive line of richards, john terry, ledley king/jonathan woodgate and ashley cole as the left back, i think that is quite a solid defensive unit. the goalkeeping is a problem position. i would be tempted to groom in ben foster or chris kirkland as much as possible. having seen robert green in action live several times (exgirlfriend and still best mate was from norwich), he doesn't really seem to possess the class or the authority as foster or kirkland.

as for the manager, he is a better assistant than a fully fledged manager. i believe that he is not so experienced in the tactical department, nor does he possess the ability to inspire his players.
however, terry venebles, who is england's present number two possesses both these qualities in abundance. so i wish that venebles had been making more of the decisions.