View Single Post
Old May 31, 2007, 06:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

[quote=SideWinder;470087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
[/b]

Ronaldinho had A MINIMAL role in the 2002 World Cup. He did nothing. You must be getting confused with the man who averaged a goal a game that WC (ended up with 8...and 3 when he was fat...and 4 when he was Ronaldinhos age...RONALDINHO HAD BRILLIANT TEAM.....YET, HE HAS SCORED 1 GOAL IN TWO WORLD CUP...BECKHAM HAS SCORED MORE IN HIS PAST TWO CUP... , especially with the 2 in the final...the big match man RONALDO. Ronaldo is head and shoulders above Pele (pre injury) Ronaldo played in a different era of toughness...and made it look easy. He was faster than Henry, stronger than Koeman and had more skills than Ronaldinho; Ronaldinhos skills are nothing to me. Just those Nike ADs piss me off...they are so fake. Maradona was the legit skill-maker; Ronaldinho is a poor quality photocopy. The flying elastico was brought by Ronaldo (the aerial on in the Portugal/Nike ad) he'l never be able to do that on turf; IT WAS AN AD...THE PLAYERS WERE P A Y E D TO LET HIM DO THAT. THEY STOOD THERE ON PURPOSE AND GAVE HIM TIME.

Oh, and special, you're quick to minimalise Maradona in his first cup, but not his second and third???? Maradona won the cup by himself; alone when he was 26. Ronaldinho at 25 has done nothing in 2006 WC, despite having the best team in the world ) Ridicule. Maradona at 25 didn't reach his peak..he carried on... (he won the cup then)...Ronaldinho won't get much better than he is. He will never beat Maradona in dribbling. NO ONE WILL. If you want a brazilian who could dribble possibly better than the Maradona himself, go look at some pre-1999 Ronaldo. During those years he quite possibly was the greatest player ever on the earth. So there is Messi and Deco only? 11-2-1= 8. The other 8. All of them (save sometimes defenders o.c) bloody give him the ball whenever they got it. Even if they are in a good position and Ronaldinho is in a bad one; they'll give it to him..not because he's the best..its because he's crap. Maradona didn't become so great to have stuck up rubbish players like Ronaldinho (who act all it....when he misses a penalty, or a drop dead goal, or a freekick, he puts his hands up on his head and smiles), misses every freekick, gets jeers, misses a drop down shot, gets jeered. Maradona kept it silent and slotted them it. No one on earth had more vision, skill and assists than Maradona; Ronaldinho....a tribute to crappiness....he isn't a footballer; he's a futsaller. He hasn't got the build, the pace, the height..he's anorexic and without power. Two dainty tricks will get you nowhere. That's why players who did the occasional fancy move did better (Van Basten)..Ronaldinho always tries it...don't you watch ESP league? Everytime he tries it he gets tackled???. Maradona was short, but his low center of gravity gave him the natural edge)
DON NEVER WON THE WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR...BECAUSE THERE IS YET TO BE AN ARGENTINE PLAYER TO WIN THE WPOFTY....... tumi jodi khelar kichu na jano, eto adamant hoyo na..aro ijjot jai.
Bro, I know you're not denying the Don's greatness; then don't make comments like Maradona has acheived nothing...etc. That just shows idiocy.
you clearly are delusional.
I never sed maradona has achieved nothing. Neither did i say that he is a great player. All I sed was that ronaldinho is better than him.
you are the one saying that he is crap. When every ****ing coach in the world thinks he is currently the best. Shows how brilliant ur footballing knowledge is.

check wikipedea, who won the player of the year 1986. Not the Fifa worldfootbaler of the year the other one. Fifa footballer of the year started from 1990.
Maradona cheated in the 1986 worldcup to win it. And by himself, i am sorry argentina did have other players.
in the 2002 world cup, agains england who scored the second goal? and wo created the 1st one with his brilliant dribble? ROnaldinho.
about him not scoring goals, he is not a striker, it is not his job to score.
You clearly have not seen Ronaldinho play that much to call him crap.
here is the thing,
Ronaldinho is faster that maradona, has more tricks/skills than Maradona, Has achieved more than maradona, is not a cheat like maradona, as good a dribbler as maradona, better scorer than maradona. These are facts. YOu may want to discount him by saying crap about him, but he is the best.
Watch this video and enjoy the greatness of Ronaldinho as well as maradona. Surely after this u will not question his footballing skills. he is as good if not better in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TyuUcfiUVTU">http://www.youtube.com/v/TyuUcfiUVTU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">