View Single Post
Old May 16, 2007, 12:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Double Standard? Pilot's situation vs Bashar

When the WC 15 was named, Pilot was treated like [], He thought and personally we all thought he was gonna be the WK in the WC. He was assured that he wasn't going to lose his place due to Injury. Guess what happened the selectors made the correct decision and kicked Pilot off the team.

Remember before the series, there was speculation that Bashar was going gonna get dropped and Ash was gonna be captain. What happened I hear this [] from Akram Khan and the BCB (Can't find the link) on how they'll do things different and handle this issue with class(Can't find the quote) and let Bashar decide.

Heres what Akram Khan had to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akram Khan
"Let us leave the issue on Bashar. We should respect a player who has a lot of contribution to our cricket. I think it is best to leave him alone to take the decision whether he will continue his one-day career. Bashar is the best judge in this matter"
Now I wanna know where was Class when they threw pilot off the ship? They threw class out the window and Mushi rewarded them. They should throw class out the window and kick a Bashar off the ship. I know Akram Khan admitted that he was wrong about Mushy but now he's a selector and he has to throw the hammer down on Bashar and his BFF Belim.

Now my question is does Akram have the [] to kick his friends off the team? He's got 2 nephews who can replace them along with SN, Pilot has done just as much for Bangladesh cricket as Bashar has if you kick one out you can do the same to the other.