View Single Post
Old March 14, 2007, 10:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

I'm least concern about wicket keeping part.
I'm not at all worried about the height of the wicket keeper and that's never a matter to be concerened. For pace bowlers, you need height. The height issue is something made up by Pilot fans.

Let me tell you with examples. How short is Mushfiq than a six feeter (forget about Pilot)? Probably 7 inches. How long a person needs to jump 7 inches? probably 2 seconds. So, Mushfiq needs to jump 2 seconds earlier than a six feeter to catch right/left most distanced ball. This jumping early is a matter of someone's reflex and promptness. Therefore there's nothing to worry about wicket keeper's height if he's prompt and his response time is less.

Now if you think about 'Can he jump those extra seven inches' ? This is another issue totally depending on his sporting nature, practice and build up of muscle.

Now my final question to you, Mushfiq scored a 23 ball 19 in our warm-up match again NZ. Pilot would take 40 balls to score that 19. Do you think we could win that match had there been Pilot instead of Mushfiq, considering our latest requirement of 12 runs in 11 balls?