View Single Post
Old February 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
VOIP is not legal in Bangladesh. Under Telecom act 2001 only BTRC is allowded to provide license to telecom firms to operate any business. If the telecom ministry hands out these license that is also illegal though i am not aware of such practice by telecom ministry. Can you provide any source

Unfortunately there is no source as such but this is something I know of personally which I feel is more credible than any source for me. I know of a person who has obtained a VOIP license but I am not at liberty to disclose names due to personal reasons. Also a BTTB director approached someone I know (again cannot disclose identity) with a proposal for a call centre for outsourcing jobs. Call centre's use VOIP to run. The director of BTTB would not put such a proposal if it was not legally possible. Moreover there were some firms who went to court with this issue and tried to stop VOIP licensing for God knows what reason but recently the HIgh court dismissed their case I think. This news can be found in the DS.