View Single Post
Old November 30, 2006, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Very well played by BD.
As expected SN and Rafiq played great game, there is not much to add beyond what other already mentioned.
I would like to add few more things:
- Nice to see some runs from Aftab.
- Razzak's bowling really surprised me. I think he single handedly change the momentum toward BD when he start bowling in power-play. I think his contribution as a ODI bowler is under appreciated.
- Except for Sakib's first few over, he bowled very well. Actually he bowled very well from his ~4th to 10th over. That just tells me, we more exposure, he will bowl better. That’s a very good sign.
- Mehrab looks like to anxious and didn't bowled well. But its too early to say one way or anther. I hope, like Sakib, he will bowl better as he is gains more experience.
- Aftab's innings of kind of shaky at the beginning but at least he scored a decent run as #3. If he continues to score, that will stabilize our innings.
- I thought Shahadat bowled better than Mashrafee. Mashrafee is a known commodity. We know he will bowl better than this, but Shahadat is still unknown commodity for ODI. This kind of performance really will boast his confidence, and we will get a steady #2 strike bowler in our team.
- I understand why Bashar gave Mehrab one over. But I really didn't liked the way he handled last few over. I would rather let Shahadat (instead of Mashrafee) bowl his 10 over. Shahadat was pretty effective in his final spell.

But over all its a good performance from BD. Nothing much to complain about.