View Single Post
Old November 4, 2006, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

We don't have that type of influence in our BD team. If Ash was in the Australian team, I believe he would average a minimum of 35 for sure.

Bashar our only senior player in the top order is not consistant himself. How can he help the other batsmen? We are witnessing Shariar Nafees bloom in front of our own eyes. He may be the one whom younger players coming in to the team would look up to. We will be mediocre against the big boys untill we have that type of consistant influence in our team.

To feed the short-term we have forfeited the long-term. We thrust our younger players in to national team and demand performance. Since we don't have the seniors who can guide the younger generations in the field, I hope the younger generations are nurtured properly and are given more opportunities in the form of A team and development squad tours. We have to make it mandatory for our players to participate in the domestic league as long as possible. The day will come that the boys like SN, Aftab will become the corner stones of our teams. Then the younger generations will have players to look up to and learn the tricks. Only then we will be consistant.
http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=323

beat you to it by a year and a half?