View Single Post
Old July 6, 2006, 01:04 AM
Test Cricketer

I dont see whats the issue when you say "he/she is muslim"...It makes my feel proud that that person who is famous and well-known around the world follows the same faith as me and many other. Especially when you never thought that person was a muslim it surprises you. I fail to see whats the issue or how it "shows a terribly fallen and inferior mindset".

Lets face it, the most famous Muslims around the world is Osama Bin Laden, Zarqawi and few others who hasnt done any good to this religion or to mankind.
So saying someone is muslim helps lighten up that feeling that there are muslims out there that are famous for being the best soccer players or whatever.

At the same time this has nothing to do with Iman. Iman is personal thing. If you want to enhance your iman or do whatever with it thats a totally different issue. You might want to start a dfferent thread for that. But finding out people who kept low profile on their religion and finding that they practised Islam cannot be called an act of "inferior mindset". No one is trying to build iman on the faith of these people. Its a totally different agenda. Like comparing apple with oranges.

Last edited by tiger_man; July 6, 2006 at 01:13 AM..