View Single Post
Old September 27, 2023, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I think its been too many years and we are simply too old to re-litigate this debate. I haven't heard a single example of who were the posters that were banned that led to the decline of this forum. As I said, we did not ban anyone. You can't point to one member that NW or I banned. We moderated posts and gave infractions at worst. However you are entitled to your opinion even if it is something that I don't agree with.
Things evolve. I do not think this forum was ever established with the intention of making money . It was more a matter of few BD cricket fans (Think Zunaid Bhai was one of them) finding the time and resources to set up this space for discussion. It was more out of their own fanaticism for the game.

I for one do not believe that people were banned, atleast not for a long period of time. I spoke about many topics mainly against religion that can be termed as heretic and though that literally made many mad but I was never banned. When I read those old posts I literally laugh at myself although that's not to say I do not believe in those idelogies but I would probably word it differently. Things we do as kids.

I am glad that the URL still exist, some of those old threads are still there. If nothing else, I enjoy coming back and becoming nostalgic about a time when the major worries in life were cricket, bit of AL/BNP/Jamaat politics and the craziness inside Relgion.. Now life is a lot harder, with family and others to worry for. Cricket and Football are an escape and not a big part of life itself.

Stay well everyone. Enjoy the World Cup.
BC lived and grew organically and died like all good things eventually do.