View Single Post
Old May 14, 2023, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Hope you are well you tasty snack.

It’s to do with the weather although they weather in Chelmsford wasn’t great either.

But could also be partly strategic to get fans in. Don’t think the Irish turn up in masses like Bangladeshis, as the commie says only recently cricket is gaining more popularity

Hi, Adam bhai. Hope you are well too.
Cricket Ireland needs to have matches in their own country rather than think of profit. Otherwise, you will not have a fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Without knowing much of geography and condition there, I think this is a better strategy. In US Soccer they do it all the time, deliberately make games in middle of no where (extreme cold weather), restrict tickets to certain long term groups as not to have foreign teams fans dominate. Because in USA you most certainly will find a stadium full of immigrant from any country in the world if u host matches in coastal cities. Fans get into verbal altercations all the time in US games when let's a Mexican cheering their heart against US in the US section. If US and BD played soccer, I would NOT support BD.
I am a USA soccer paid member for years now, chances of me getting a US game in USA is 10x higher than any immigrant looking for a ticket for a particular game against US.

Looking at the crowd i was thinking, i didn't know ireland have that many Bangaldeshis living there. Not all crowd is good crowd (thinking from hosts' pov). Also being in Ireland/England, Bangladeshis or whatever immigrant group should have a soft spot for their adopted country.

Ireland should have won this game. A better crowd perhaps could have made a difference. Players thrive on crowd cheering them on. BD fielding went up a notch toward the end...

Ireland is a different country. England / UK is a different country.
So, what has happened here is basically instead of playing a match in BD, the BD team have gone and played a match in Kolkata.

Those supporters are dodgy students from 2008 and then there is a new batch of dodgy students with wives and kids from 2021. Govt. er taka nai bhai. So, they opened the gates so that gullible deshis will coem ehre and pay for uni and then work and pay taxes for a few years and then they will be kicked out.
The original British Bangladeshis ( Syletis ) don't really give a damn about cricket or the BD team.