View Single Post
Old February 9, 2019, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Nope! None of the bowlers you mentioned are as slow as him. I honestly don't care much about height but a fast bowler should at least be able to reach the 130s or have an amazing swinging ability.

I mean you don't see me complaining about our very own Abu Jayed and his slow pace because he can at least swing the ball both ways at will unlike Onik. Even so if Abu Jayed had a bit more pace he would have been a lot more effective.

But Onik, I am afraid has no chance as a bowler in International cricket unless he is also good with the bat
A lot of these bowler did bowl at below 130s around 125kmph for large parts of their bowling spells as well as above 130.
Just look at Mashrafe , he bowls at Oniks speed but he is still one of the more effective bowlers in the team at this age with so many injuries.
And Qazi Onik is still young enough that his speed will increase, what he has is great accuracy. If he was so bad then he wouldn't be in the Dhaka BPL team and doing well too enough to get talked about