View Single Post
Old November 13, 2017, 01:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ If Sri Lankan selectors had the same mentality as yours, Kulasekara would never get the chance to rise to the top of ICC ODI ranking. Thank God, most people are not as narrow sighted as you are.
I dont ever recall Kulasekera being ranked #1 and I just looked his average up...its 33+ which is nothing extraordinary. Regardless the number of wins he delivered with the ball could probably be counted on the fingers of a single hand.

No matter how effective he might be, having a Sujon type 5-4 baitta open the bowling with 75 mph deliveries is not the kind of brand we should aim to advertise. I'm not arguing that we should have a Shoaib or Waqar...but at the same ti e if the Pakistanis could do it, why not us one day?

Its like opening the batting with two guys with strike rates of under 50 and expecting to win ODIs or T20s. You dont have high strike rate batsmen? Fine, start looking. First 10 guys didnt pan out, go to eleventh and the twelfth.

Taskin didn't pan out. Fine. Go to Ebadat and Mishu. If they are also busts, find Ehadat and Tishu. So and so forth.

#OneTeam1Dream