View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017, 02:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
After reading your post I too had an urge to visit vancouver but then was discouraged reading everything is so expensive.. i am like.. ami thakbo kothai, khabo ki eto poisha lagle.. then u say it's cheap compare to NYC and then I am like ha! taile to ami baller hobo vancouver e...

anyways.. NYC has multiple economies... it can be cheap for many ppl - that's why you see so many ppl still surviving here with next to no income. And can be super expenvise for wealthy.
that's very true. that's called the struggle of being middle class.

as humayun ahmed said (paraphrasing) - "gorib manusher lojjar bhoy nei. tara rastar je kono hotel e boshe khete pare. keu kichu mone korbe nah. keu du bar takabe nah. abar borolok dero chokku lojja kom. tara shokher boshe rastar hotel e anonder jonno jete pare. khali pare nah moddhobitto manushera"

A poor person can maintain a certain lifestyle and won't be scrutinized. They can rely on food stamps, live on projects or subsidized housing. But I can't just because of societal expectations to maintain a certain standard of living. On the other hand, will struggle to keep up with the rich folks. So we will just go by pretending to be happy.

That's why moved out of NY.