View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

My friend lived in Vanc and he also said that its very expensive. But I was used to NY cost and so it didn't struck me as too high. That being said, everything is cheap when compared to ridiculous NY cost of living.
After reading your post I too had an urge to visit vancouver but then was discouraged reading everything is so expensive.. i am like.. ami thakbo kothai, khabo ki eto poisha lagle.. then u say it's cheap compare to NYC and then I am like ha! taile to ami baller hobo vancouver e...

anyways.. NYC has multiple economies... it can be cheap for many ppl - that's why you see so many ppl still surviving here with next to no income. And can be super expenvise for wealthy. One example is housing.... There are new developments in Manhattan where to get tax break they rent certain apartment to low income families which is distributed via lotteries....And most apartments have these allotted apartments....I personally know 5 familieis who live in one of those apartments.

They pay rent of 1100-1400/month that has Manhattan skyline view from their lviing room and bedroom....where the current rate for other folks pay north of 5k/month. This is the reason it was in the news an architech suggested making a door in the back for ppl who are subsidized.. LOL... (ppl were outraged but I say sign me up if i get to pay that rent..i will enter through any hole u got)

One of my dream was always to live in an apartment with all glass wall overlooking manhattan skyline...it never came true for me but there are ppl living that life - if you would know their income you would be like "you must be homeless in NYC"?

Well they are thriving my friend... thriving..