View Single Post
Old February 13, 2017, 04:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man

the place itself, is becoming too americanised/indiansed. backward/archaic/narrow minded traditions and mentalities. Too much 'dadagiri' 'boro lok giri'

like I wrote in another thread, locals have forgeotten their roots more than people who moved abroad- they all cool becuase they hang at gloria jeans but i'm khet for wanting to hang at local street stalls and things.

different standards/social hierarchy depending what your relation/status is etc

people are still evolving there as part of evolution
You wrote exactly how I feel bro .

The youth have these ludicrous luxurious prom nights. You are encouraged to drink booze and take recreational drugs at a young age from peer pressure. Facebook is not to stay connected to mates but a platform for showing off.

Back in the day when someone got hurt people would rush to help them. Now take a selfie first and post it before anyone on facebook.

Alot of non sense stuff has been adopted from India especially in marriages. The mehendi functions are large and the dancing troups are so cheesy these days with dances to bollywood music. Wtf is this "gigu" nonsense? Also alot of them have even developed speaking English with an Indian accent.

I used to always like to hang out at local stalls and still do when I visit BD. I like watching bangla natoks. My cousins tease me for it and say that I have moved abroad thats why I am more attached to these things. I told them I used to do these things when I was their age.