View Single Post
Old January 24, 2017, 05:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
You have borhani in a glass. Its more spicy and salty with a tinge of sweetness. It definitely is a condiment and enriches the whole biryani experience. Its almost a must in weddings even if a plilaf is served as the main course.

There is special borhani maasala that you can get these days. I heard some place sell bottled borhani.

There is a alternatives that you can try at home just to give you an idea.

Take some soft salty yoghurt and add some water to make it runny but not too watery. Add a tea spoon of ground jeera, half tea spoon of chilli powder and a small pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well. This is not really borhani but a distant alternative.
This reminds me of something similar I had as a condiment for my Biryani at a Pakistan restaurant. I asked the owner what it is and he said that it was an Afghan kind sauce...didn't give me the name...

I loved it, lathering it on my biryani and walloping it down in record time...washed it down with some hard apple cider...man, that was delicious.

So maybe that's why it's connected to the pilaf also...central Asia origins

**it must be noted that I had the biryani at my house with that hard apple cider**