View Single Post
Old June 22, 2016, 08:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
BCB has given Faruk time. It has been almost 2 years. That is why they didn't sack him. This is just a policy change. This process should make communication better. A direct face to face sitting with all the stakeholders before selecting a team of 15/14 players. It is always better to spend more time and selecting the best possible squad rather than going in to a tourney or a series with one hand tied in the back. For the champion's trophy/Ireland trip; you wouldn't want to see too many SLAs now, do you?

Egos: No doubt I have a different feelings about Sujon. And I think he is the snitch. That is why he could hold the Team Manager job and now this. I like Biryani Man Akram.

Chief Selector will still be responsible in selecting the team. He now just have more help. That is all.

BCB has given Faruk time, but BCB didn't have the guts to sack him, still kept him in key role in the selection process. Who is more incompetent here? BCB only sakced him after he publicly said he is resigning. To me its more playing dirty politics than acting as a competent organization.

More to that, they (BCB) demoted Bashar ( it has to be for performance) and then bring back him in the selection team after it was clear Faruk will resign.

They brought Shujon, a very well known player in playing petty politics, its all there for someone to get from old news papers. What do you expect from Shujon to contribute in this process? Akram has a record as a chief selector where he clashed with others in BCB; and at one point he threatened to resign and used Hasina's influence to bring him back. He is not going to back off next time it there is a conflict with papon and/or haturu daa in team selection.

It not that I am kind of a fan of Faruk or enemy of Akram. its the process change and how they(BCB) are handling the change, that is "warning sign" to me to the point I am note sure about their (BCB) competency running an organization at this level.

I was a stern supporter of Papon. But see how half hazard direction BCB is going right now. They didn't tried to retain old bowling coach, as if "if he goes we have other plans". Then they made premature announcement of new bowling coach who next day rejected and made BCB a fool in Cricket world. What is their plan "C" now? Do they have any? Looks like they are still scrambling. They knew for a while that they are not going to retain old bowling coach, then what they were doing all these days?

Papon is supposed to be the enforcer of rule and law and role and responsibilities. Just look what is happening in local league, and BCB is too slow to react and enforce law and order and restore the confidence back. Two umpire suddenly get sick and it was clear Tamim was abusing them and it took them so long to announce a judgment? And still there is no clarification why the two umpire was pretending to be sick and forced an abundant game .

As I said, I am a early adopter of Papon fan club, but I have to admit, his recent activities are kind of disappointing to me.

Last edited by Fazal; June 22, 2016 at 08:58 AM..