View Single Post
Old June 20, 2016, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
2. You fix the main problem keep the rest that's called "continuity". What they did is not "Continuity" it changing upside down but still keeping the main known problem.

1 and 3. Either you like Chief Selector's job, or you do not. If you have mixed review, you give him little bit more time. That's called fairness, transparency and leadership. Unfortunately BCB failed to show those.

4. Failed to understand how this hodge podge process address anything in medium to long term. A "Disuster" is written all over this process because of lack of clear cut role and responsibility for each member. Who is ultimately responsible in this new process?

5. Akram and Shujon, they both have bigger ego than Faruk. They are not just going to listen to haturu daa, they will enforce their opinion. And you want me the believe that this new process with Akram and Sujon will work out fine in long run. if that what you believe, that's fine, but sorry, I cannot believe that.
My answer was for your one question that I quoted. The ... was to say there was more in the post.

So, to keep the continuity BCB kept him as the selector first and then made him the chief selector for that committee. With the new team, the selectors get input from the new comers and can have different points of view and why would those be valuable (strategy) for selecting a team or a player.

BCB has given Faruk time. It has been almost 2 years. That is why they didn't sack him. This is just a policy change. This process should make communication better. A direct face to face sitting with all the stakeholders before selecting a team of 15/14 players. It is always better to spend more time and selecting the best possible squad rather than going in to a tourney or a series with one hand tied in the back. For the champion's trophy/Ireland trip; you wouldn't want to see too many SLAs now, do you?

Egos: No doubt I have a different feelings about Sujon. And I think he is the snitch. That is why he could hold the Team Manager job and now this. I like Biryani Man Akram.

Chief Selector will still be responsible in selecting the team. He now just have more help. That is all.