View Single Post
Old March 2, 2016, 08:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

[A general Post on the match)

Poor Sami this might be his end.
Bottles it when it mattered. To his defence, pressure was immense, Riyad there looking solid, Mashrafe tonked a few previous overs. Sami couldn't not hack it and lost it mentally but I'd say Riyad looking that calm and solid despite the situation has played a part in Sami's nerves too.

Anwar Ali we all knew was the one to target. He neither has pace or swing. I reckon even if there was 12 to get of the last over with Anwar Ali bowling, Mahmudullah would've got them runs.

Pak made two massive mistakes. One was picking Manzoor 2nd Anwar. Instead of Manzoor they should have played Wahab, with Anwar down the order Hafeez could moved up. Or Another spinner in place of Anwar.
Their opener Manzoor has not done anything of note yet played 3 games as a passenger. Hafeez looks much more dangerous as a opener.
Afridi could've even came out ealier after few wickets went out trying to up the runrate, as we know he can take any bowling side apart on his day, surely should have taken a bolder step. In doing that could have put BD bowlers out of their focus, when you have Afridi come out early you start thinking differently. I for one think that could have been a counter attacking move. But even saying that, Afridi could have as usual gone on the first few balls of coming early anyway. But still, worth a different tactic.

ANYWAY. This is the best BD bunch of brave hearts ever before. Mahmudullah has shown how far exactly BD has come since '12 asia cup. The mental strength is lot stronger, and confidence is lot better, team spirit is excellent and the whole team know their roles better than ever before.

Big big WELL DONE and congratz to all the Loyal Bangladesh cricket team fans across the world who has seen the very lows, some glimbs, lot's of pain, some hopes and now being rewarded with joy's. For supporting BD through thick and thin.