View Single Post
Old May 28, 2015, 11:10 AM
BC Editorial Team

Propose all the second teams you want. However just like Steyn should have probably not used the word "waste" in conjunction with Bangladesh cricket, likewise exercise some consideration on how you expound upon your rationale for aforementioned second teams.

Since some of you will go "huh"?, here is example of good and bad

Quote:
Good: BD is a lower ranked side and Indian players have, thanks to IPL and WC been playing non-stop. This is a good chance to rest some senior players and give opportunity to the next layer as BD tour is no gimme anymore and therefore these new players will get battle tested. Our greater experience and skills should still let us win the series.
vs.
Quote:
Bad: Bangla players can't even put on their lungis on straight. I could send Aksar Patel and Sanju Samson (will make sure he doesn't get a haircut and lose his mojo) and that will be enough to thrash those Banger whingers. Sending the full squad is an insult to those who are serving India the last 12 months. Bonde Matrom!
See what I did there? You are essentially saying the same thing - "give our players a rest" but y'all know that, if the second message wasn't so blatantly over the top and had come from an Indian fan instead of me, a banfest would have broken out very quickly.

-- Mod