View Single Post
Old April 3, 2015, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Zeeshan u came late....Ammar list is what created bc... those are the A team... I miss those days too....

Nothing is as interesting now as those days... I was addicted back then too...
You nailed it Orphy. That was a the A team. We discuss each and everything. There was no feedback in cricinfo then. I was a graduate student who have spare time at the beginning of phd research but does not have any one who share same passion as him with regards to cricket. While one weekend shopping online I saw a link titled banglacricket. I still do not know who is this person who linked his online shop to banglacricket. I larked somedays and I think I feel the urge on commenting something on "Forget Cricket" - then it is history. Then 'Forget cricket' was really interesting - probably still the best "non-sports section" on any cricket form. There were some great posters like Dawah, Vladmamu, Puck, Shad who opened my mind and make me curious on many issues outside sports. In the cricket section there was Shuvo,Sham (Rubu and I had many fight with him regarding Kapali), Spitfirex86 (we were leaders in anti-golla brigade), Face-off, Miraz who joined later. There was Babubangla, Orphy to entertain us. DJ, Ian, James were there to revitalize us when we were down (and that was year 2014 for all the time)
My best moments in banglacricket
1. that night of 2007 when we beat India
2. the day some of us try to broadcast Bangladesh match through soapcast
3. beating NZ after ICL saga
4. batting for Mushy in 2007 with Miraz when faruq and co drop pilot
Just checked that I have spent a decade in Banglacricket and I was a member of Banglacricket when we beat Aussi in england but could not remember what I was doing