View Single Post
Old March 29, 2015, 09:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I just realized that I'm coming up on my 10th! A decade in BC!

Waste of life? You be the judge.

ps: I joined back then just to follow up on Bangladesh's tour of England in 2005.
Sham was in London at the time and covered a bit of the tour. ...

But I have to say, I got hooked onto BC for the amazing people participating here. I've found some extremely witty, intelligent, insightful, progressive, erudite, articulate people here who really piqued my then undergrad inquisitive mind. Shout out to:
Arnab, Orpheus, fab, mona, fwullah, mwrkhan, BushidoTiger, pagol_chagol, James90, rafiq, billah, AsifTheManRahman, Sham, Shubho, Yameen, Al_furqaan, Pompous, Fazal, babubangla, Tokai, FaltuRidwanBhai, AgentSmith, Navarene, SS, Cats_Eye, Faceoff, Ahmed_B, RazabQ, Dhurr, thebest, gatekeeper, reinausagi, Nasif, chinaman, reverse_swing, Carte_Blanche, oracle, Rajputro, Tintin, Tehsin.
You guys got me hooked!

then there was hatebreed, and sherlockhomes, Sydney, Kabir, Mahir, Nocturnal, Miraz and MohammedC, i_knockout_u, sovik, allrounder, cricman, tonoy, cricket_pagol, kalpurush, Shark_fin, layperson,BanCricFan, offstump and so many others....

pps: and of course, Boss
Me 2. That victory against Ponting and Co. after getting our rear handed to us by England made this forum membership jump.

I waited few days pondering what username shall I have? With years of following cricket through so many platform (radio, newspapers, TV, internet) I wanted the username to represent Bangladesh Cricket. I always came back to "Eye of the Tiger" Which was too long and of course it represented "Survivor" more than Bangladesh Cricket. Eye of the cat didn't sound good. So made it Cats_Eye. You must know, I had no idea of the store "catseye" cause I left BD in '91. Periodically would visit but never heard of it back then. Someone here asked me here, did I own catseye, HHS. The name change had to be made.

Only Orphous and Cats_Eye are the excused ones (before the name change rule).

I use to be the protector of those who would value their wicket. Talent didn't do anything to me back then. Javed Omar, Rajin > Nafis/Nafees; Original step child of BCB Rana > Alok/Aftab/ASHRAFUL. 20 of 50 > 20 of 10. T20 wasn't invented then.

I had special threads with Miraz. Truly page after page just us arguing on Ashraful.

In discussing the quality, it was good. It is a different good now. The new generations are as or even more talented. Just go visit caption thread.
+++
Now I have a request to the new generation. Write more. Write more articles. We use to have a lot more articles back then. Front page would have multiple articles every month. Compete with that time and beat us.