View Single Post
Old March 25, 2015, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Agreed with the replacement fiasco. In fact, it couldnt have been worse than selecting Imrul, Shafiul like players who themselves know they are 4 years late to the party. But I thought Jubair was spotted by the selectors before even Haturasinghe came in as coach. Wasn't it?

I may be hit with bricks and tomatoes for saying this but the ascension of BD cricket a while back even before Haturasinghe become the national coach, with Siddons, Stuart Law, Shane J., Richard Mccinnes, Ross Turner, etc. all contributing here and there. H.S continued the trend ( and did not become a La Mohsin Kamal, Trevor Chappell). Hence, I would say, under him, we did very well in the W.Cups but don't think we did MIRACLES or . We did good as we reached the 2nd round before beating India (with all legends onboard) and also beat South Africa under Watmore. I personally think it was Heath Streak did the miracle with Rubel, Taskin all bowling unexpectedly well. Again H.S. is a very good coach and has all the support he needs. And maybe with his performance, he maybe granted an unoffical selector role, even if he isnt bankrolled as one.

I also think we will get a true measure of our progress with Pakistan series, where we will get to see how well the team performs in all three format and select any players outside the selected 15.