View Single Post
Old November 25, 2014, 03:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I am a huge fan of Maradona (the footballer not the mad man) and for me he is, undoubtedly, the footballing king of the modern era. Romario, Ronaldinho or Zidane came close to challenge him for his crown. But, I don't think anybody posed a serious threat as Messi does. I have given up football about 20 years ago but watching Messi on very rare occasions has given me a lot of joy. No doubt, he has modelled his game around Diego. I would still keep Maradona ahead in play making, "seeing", finishing and dribbling skills. He was the original. But, Messi still has a few years ahead of him.

I absolutely agree with Orphy about the World Cup being not everything and the strength of that German side.

I, also, agree with Gopal the troll (a rarity) about the use of "worship" -even, though, its not necessarily a blasphemy in English sense of the word. But, still, it would be wise not to use such as it may promote celebrity or human worshiping and takes away the significance the word carries.