View Single Post
Old July 11, 2014, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Everyone seems to be jumping on the James Rodriguez bandwagon. Sure he looked great in the World Cup, seems to be very talented and has huge potential but that was just for a couple of games against teams like teams like Greece, japan, Ivory coast. Barely anyone was talking about him before and this season for Monaco it wasn't like he was pulling off amazing goal scoring feats.
You have a decent point but you have to keep in mind the stage. All these fancy players C. Ronaldo, Messi are doing great for their respective clubs but come WC, they suck... I don't think Messi scored any goals in previous wc. He is doing much better this wc.

NO matter how good a player you are, you will not really be a legend unless you lift the trophy for you country... Maradona and pele did that and hence they are mentioned all the times.... Messi is an amazing player but not yet a legend simply he hasn't done jack for his country.

J. Rodriquez is mentioned because he has the potential....No body gives colombia a chance to go past group stage, now all of a sudden they are fighting for spot in semifinal for the first time....he was pivotal for his country.... He CAN be a legend for colombia.... replacing Escobar - legend for the wrong thing.

I guess that's why his name appeared.... NOt that anyone thinks he is the best player in the world.... I think colombia will do well with him in next two world cups....

Think of him as the shakib al hasan.... there are much better players out there... but still a legend for us.. and deserve any records that he can get.