View Single Post
Old July 5, 2014, 11:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
IDK why people are overreacting to this. Other than the fact that he'll miss rest of the finals, the injury itself isn't that severe. Brazil was going after James too. He didn't get a single call. And by the look of it it doesn't look intentional at all. There was no extra kick motion on the legs. Defender jumped for the ball, Neymar jumped back.
The main problem in that game was referee was so inconsistent. James got booked the first time he went after somebody, but multiple players from brazil and columbia committed enough fouls by than and didnt to get a yellow card. It doesn't take too much for the referee to make a point. That ref took so long to give out his first yellow card. If he was a little harsh earlier with regards to handing out some warning, I think less fouls would have committed.

For example, there was no reason for Thiago Silva to run into the Columbian goal keeper, specially since he was already on a yellow card. I think he did it because he thought he could get away with it due to the ref being so lenient.