View Single Post
Old March 19, 2014, 09:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default I'm getting a tad irritated with the Afghan Cricket team's excessive bravado

http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t2...ry/729189.html
Quote:
Kabir suggested, with a grin, that the beating Bangladesh took in the Asia Cup earlier this month had triggered a defensive posture by the hosts.

"We have good-quality fast bowlers, we train them like that, they are aggressive and everybody knows that our fast-bowling attack is very good, especially at Associate standard and sometimes at Test standard. In the Asia Cup, the bowling was very all together and I think that's why the Mirpur wicket was a bit slow."
First these guys mouth off non-stop before the match. Then they mouth off, shove around and huff and puff through a match where they were whupped. And now they are claiming defensiveness?

Dude, your team can't play spin. We wanted to attack your batters and teach them a lesson so we prepared a turning wicket - with bounce I might add - and embarrassed you for 73 runs. That wasn't defensiveness. That was aggressive with the weapons one has - which in our case is an army of quick, accurate spin bowlers.

I wish the Afghan Cricket team would collectively shut its pie-hole and focus on playing sporting cricket.