View Single Post
Old February 27, 2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The fact is that all teams have one or two special players with the bat.
India has Kohli, Pakistan has Misbah, South Africa has Amla, Devilliers, Australia has Clarke , Sri Lanka has Sanga, Jaya etc etc.

Our problem is that against our bowling most of these guys become invincible. Our entire bowling strategy seems to revolve around waiting for the batsman to make the mistake. Players like Sanga, Kohli won't fall to stupid shots because they have their own template to success. They rotate the strike early and get set and then start dominating the bowlers.
Sadly neither our captain or our bowler has any clue as to how to tackle big players like this.

One thing we know for sure is that having a defensive field to these great players is not the answer. We have to find a way to break their concentration, block their preferred areas of scoring. I know it is easier said than done but as a Captain Mushy HAS to try rather than wait... wait... and wait until the game is over.
Don't need to think too much!

Just don't drop catches these great players offer ... and we will win most of the games...