View Single Post
Old January 27, 2014, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Can't really blame the OP. He's frustrated as we all are and as fans we expected better and the fact is, we were outplayed by the Lankans. It's understandable since the Lankans just played 3 Tests against Pakistan and drew them 1-1. We on the other hand have not played in a while and the BCL is not Test cricket. So you could see SL was a lot fresher and more prepared compared to our guys.

The problem still remains that we have 3 new batsmen in our 2,3 and 4 spots. Last series our lineup clicked because Mominul was on fire but we can't expect him to continue to fire, he's still very young and developing. Shamsur was a bit streaky and looks to be a guy who could make it at this level but we need to see more of him to make that judgment. I was not really big on Marshall and tbh that hasn't really changed. He seems to be a one hit wonder in our domestics. I'd give him this series and see if he can make it count. If he doesn't hit a fifty, we should look elsewhere. That being said, hope he can strike big next innings. Tamim never looked comfortable and wasn't surprised at his dismissal. I'm confident though that he'll bounce back. Shakib and Mushy fought hard and thankfully got us to a score that I didn't think we'd get to.

Lots of work for our bowlers now. We have to go all out and attack. We don't have a big score to lean back on. We have to try our best and get them down to our score if we want to still have a chance to win this match. Let's hope for the best.