View Single Post
Old December 25, 2013, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Ticket revenues will go up. They have bigger stadiums than we do.
Yes, but will the TRP ratings change? Not much. BTW, a lot of Indians believe that neutral match will have sparce crowds so ticket prices won't matter. The neutral matches held in India during the 2011 WC were played in graveyard like environment.

My point is that shifting venues is out of the question for ICC as far as money is concerned. Another thing to ponder about is whether India will still be hosting the 2016 WT20 as well as the 2014 T20 WC. Don't forget, India's election will be held "during" the same period which could mean chaos in India. So at the end of the day its a Lose-Lose situation for ICC, BCB and BCCI if venues are shifted. ICC will only change venues if they are left choice-less which is quite unlikely because whats happening in our country is mere "politcial" violence. I have been told that places like Chittagong and Dhaka are quite safe at present, when you compare to outskirts like "shitkundo", "tongi" "comilla" and places like that.

Another point to note is that Pakistan is the only team which has shown quite a bit of concern. One logical reason is the anti-bangladesh sentiments in our country making them feel unsafe. What I dislike is that PCB is asking ICC to "change" venues and thats what agitates me. Under normal circumstances it would have been acceptable but one can feel PCB's urge to humiliate us in front of the world. While I''ll agree that Pakistan are much better than us currently in cricketing aspects, we should consider ourselves lucky that we are not being run by a board like PCB.