View Single Post
Old September 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
Very true and i suppose the proof is in the pudding. Loads of champion fast bowlers come from India and Sri Lanka. If we want to improve faster than the other teams we have to be smarter in how we identify and develop our players. If we improve at the same rate as other teams even we will never progress up the rankings, we have to improve faster, and while long form matches are part of that, they are not the solution to all problems.
lankans improved faster than anyone. the main reason behind that is playing longer version cricket from school level. fast bowling is not our only problem!! our batsmen dont have the mental strength or technique to play long innings. the main reason we are doing so bad in longer format. our national players all are taylor made for ODI cricket. because that is the version they played all the time since age level. there is only one way to improve in longer version is that playing more longer version be it national team or A team or age level . one doesnt need to be an expert to understand that. srilanka and india never had great pacers. i agree partially. but if we could achieve what sri Lanka achieved in their first 13 years no one would be questioning our test status. trying to improve faster is cool. but one should cover the basics first. just my two cents.