View Single Post
Old May 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I agree with TE...it's not Woodson's fault. Remember how bad they sucked last year before Linsanity happened and Woodson took over? They're actually doing better than what I expected. I like some of these what you refer to as bits and pieces players--Shumpert is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, Chandler is one of the best interior defenders, Felton's a pretty decent PG for what he's worth. Carmelo is Carmelo, but he's no LeBron or Durant. I like the fact that they're giving young guys a chance and many of them are putting their hands up and making it count. The problem is they're paying $100 mil to a guy who doesn't play much defense nor can he stay healthy as long enough as Enamul Haq Jr. stays on the team - as Al would say. There's no way to get a very good 2nd scoring option without getting rid of Amare's salary.

P.S. Imagine the Heat without Wade or Bosh. Last year they're on the verge of losing to the Pacers before Bosh rejoined the team. Even this year I doubt they can beat the Pacers let alone the Grizzlies or Spurs with one of their Big 3 missing.
I'm fine with Shumpert and Felton. They're bargains given how much they make. Chandler though I have a problem with. I can see though he's definitely not 100%. He's getting about 14-15 mil a year. I want the guy to score more rather than be just a defender. Remember Hibbert makes the same amount of but has been producing a lot better than Chandler. Amare has also turned out to be a bad signing mainly because of his injuries.