View Single Post
Old March 29, 2013, 02:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
We have only seen half part of his potential i.e. his batting. His bowling is still unexplored for some unknown reason.

He is our potential 2nd all rounder in the team. I think the management should instruct Rahim to let him bowl few overs here and there....and I am pretty sure he will not disappoint the captain.

If we have two all rounders in Sakib and Nasir, that will open up lots of flexibility in the team makeup.
when i first saw him bowling i though he was as good as utseya. bowl with a low trajectory, and consistently at a good line and length. very hard to get away. batsman normally look to play him straight past him for singles, but nasir was very agile and so he was very good fielding of his own bowling so, he was diving left and right and stopping a lot of singles. and thus he was bowling some econmin overs very quick.

i thought nasir should immediately play in the national team in place of naeem or riad only for that bowling.

i am not sure whether later he has opted to concentrate only on batting and not so much in bowling, but he may be used occasionally as he had great potential to be a good off spinner, and we already know how good his batting is.

it will be great thing if nasir can turn into a very good all-rounder like shakib