View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Going through Momin's stats, I don't find much other than 150 he scored against Windies A, to analyze him as an FC cricketer. He has not yet played that many longer version matches to begin with.

Taking him, ignoring a relatively more experienced FC cricketer in a superb form, is a step backward in the selection process, whichever way you want to slice it.
well the discussion of mominul versus marshall is debatable i'll admit. i think both are worthy of selection at current. don't forget the selectors picked mominul during the WI series, he's more of an FC cricketer so i'm happy with them backing him (yes i know that was ODIs). i think SN's place in the squad is a bigger question to mominul's though.

now for mominul at #3, from what i can see batting at #3 in FC cricket his notable scores are: 52, 56, 54. he's also got a 42. ok no centuries at #3 but it shows he can bat there, he doesn't actually bat at #3 that often so the fact that when he bats there he does a pretty good job should say he has the ability to bat there.

anyway the best FC #3 in BD is anamul haque so no point of getting into a debate about the #3 spot. i'm simply saying if anamul bats as opener, mominul is an option.