View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 05:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
BCL : (Up untill final)
Marshall : 465 runs @ 77.50 with 2 centuries in 4 innings, Highest 289. #1st.
Jahurul : 200 runs @ 50.00, with 1 half century, Highest 79. #15th.

NCL :
Marshall : 604 runs @ 67.11, with 2 centuries, 2 half centuries, Highest 206, #1st
Jahurul : 353 runs @ 50.42, with 1 century, 2 half centuries, Highest 118, #16th

Decent season being 15th and 16th in the list of run scorer and gets picked, while ignoring the top scorer of both FC tournament this year ?

If Jahurul has done well in the past few season, he got rewarded for that. Spot in the national team along with a central contract. That doesn't mean you have to rewarded once again despite someone else rightly deserving the chance to prove their worth in the national side after performing better than anyone else in the domestic circuit.

And back up keeper ? We have Anamul as the 2nd back up, didn't think we needed a 3rd one as well !
i don't think anamul or jahurul should be selected on the basis of back-up keeper. it's good to have them there, but they should be selected on their batting imo.

i guess with jahurul they're rewarding him for consistent performance over a good number of years. yes marshall had an incredible season, but jahurul has been consistent for 5+ years and that is kind of rare in BD. think about it like this, do teams like australia, south africa and india pick their batsman based off one great season? usually they have to wait a good number of seasons and have to have performed consistently over those seasons to get selected. that's one positive jahurul has and that marshall doesn't. but for me it's a moot point because marshall could have easily taken SN's place in the squad and jahurul could still be in there so there's no reason to be saying why was jahurul selected over marshall, if anything it's why was SN selected over marshall (especially since SN has been used as a middle order batsman in internationals which is where marshall bats, jahurul is really a top 3 batsman almost exclusively).