View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ Then why not pick Marshall as the back up ? Atleast he gets to be in the national fold as a reward for his performance. He could have been a back up for any place between 3-7. That right/left combo is a pretty lame excuse. Don't think the Lankans are losing sleep over the issue of a right/left batting combo of Bangladesh team !!

I have no issues over the selection of Mominul. He is a tough kid and deserves to be in the XV, if not in the XI. But I just can't get over the fact that Jahurul, who has had such an average season, preferred over the league's top scorer.
Jahurul did not have an average season. He averaged a 50 in both the NCL and BCL. Also he's been doing well on a consistent batsman for years now in our domestic system. Can Marshall say the same? As far as I know, he's been an average performer until this year. Jahurul offers more than Marshal also. He can bat in the top and middle order and keeps. I have doubts that Marshall can bat in the top order. I see he bats mostly in 5-7. So I don't see this being a bad decision to be honest