Thread: No To Tests.
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Thank you Roey for saying something that needed to be said. Its a refreshing counter to the countless T20 bashing that goes on without provocation.

I grew up on test cricket and having nothing against the format but feel it becoming more and more irrelevant in today's world and the meaningless of the format in a larger context does make it less desirable. Not to mention its dependency on the limited formats to fund its existance.

Unless there is an effort to level the playing field for all test nations in terms of equal matches and a context (championship), its days are bound to be numbered. I have already abandoned Test cricket when Bangladesh is not involved and I can't imagine that I am part of a minority (maybe this forum due to diehard fans but I'm talking overall cricket fan population).

ICC is better off focusin on the following aspects: A) 1 or 2 year spanning league ODIs (equal home and away games for top 10-12 teams) on an ongoing basis B) ODI world cup every 4 years C) T20 World cup every 2 years with an established qualificaiton process D) Regional (Asia, North, South) championships in between T20 world cups as the qualificaiton process.

Test cricket can be left to the boards' discretion as opposed to an FTP and let them figure out whats needed based on the interest of the fans.