View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
So according to your reasoning, we should ignore a player who has performed tremendously well off late (both with the bat and ball) in the domestic just because he didn't live up to the standards and expectations in other formats? Hmm, how to make 2 triple centuries in a space of 5 matches, get looked past? I think we should ask you.

And not to mention, he was a direct replacement for Yuvraj to fill in the AR spot. The other players you mentioned - Rahane, Rohit & Tiwary are not AR's, though Rohit & Tiwary can be given 3/4 overs in a session.
Bhai, that's amazing no doubt but he's already been given a run in international cricket and has proved to be less than successful. If there were no other options, then yes give him a run and hope for him to improve a certain period of time but why continue with him when other well deserved players are waiting?

Also agreed that Jadeja is more of an allrounder compared to the likes of Tiwary or Rahane but then again, this is Tests. I'd much rather pick a better batsman. And from what I've seen of Rahane, Tiwary, and Rohit, they seem to be the better batsmen. We can't only look at pure statistics. You have to rely on your cricket eyes as well.

Anyways, let's see what he does in this match and see if his selection was justified or not.