View Single Post
Old April 26, 2005, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
hehe...and the only reason he stayed back was cricket.

yes, i don't think alok deserves to be named as one of the top four performers in the league.
I have now read that paragraph thrice and I still can't see where he named Kapali as one of the top four performers in the league! He said he was delighted with the performances of Golam Rahman and Farhad Reza and said that talented players like Kapali and Nazim got their rhythm back. Now saying that a couple of players got their rhythm back isn't saying, they were among the top four performers in the league, or does it? He didn't even put the four of them in the same category!

Kapali had another highly disappointing season with the bat but ended up being the fifth highest wicket-taker this season. After a few good performances with the bat, I wanted him to put in a strong finish, but he ended up with a few more disappointing performances in the last two games. Sylhet had a strange couple of games in the 9th and 10th round. In both, they scored a lot of runs in the first innings and took a first innings lead, only to put up pathetic scores in the second innings to lose both matches. At one point, it seemed likely that they might be fourth this season, but ended up last. Idiots!!