View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
1) After winning the world cup our players has really become complacent and believe they can even get away with murder. Their way of thinking as of now is as long as they can beat visiting teams at home, away games doesn't matter as most of the sides lose away and win at home. they were delusional that they just need turning wickets and they will beat England.

2) Imo BCCI should let selectors or a team of former players to watch upcoming players in domestic cricket rather then going by statistics alone and groom them under former cricketers. Make a pool of good batsmen, fast/Medium bowlers and spinners from which you can select your team. Selectors should be able to pick players from that pool in case first choice player is out of form or injured.

3) Upcoming and promising Indian batsmen are
Rahane, Mandeep, Rohit, Akshath Reddy and Mukund.

Seamers: ATM are Pankaj singh and Shami ahmed . Sandeep sharma and Pawan Suyal are good but they need some more time in domestic cricket.

Spinners: Sadly I don't see anyone apart from Ojha and Ashwin to even be a part of the squad as of now.
Excellent post there

I agree on all your points there. The attitude clearly needs to change. I feel the best way to make this possible is to make sweeping changes across this team. Gambhir and Sehwag talking big? Drop them for awhile and give the younger kids a chance and give them a run. Also I'd strongly consider stripping Dhoni of captaincy. He's been far too complacent for a captain and his on field captaincy for Tests is a joke. A shake up of this team and I'm sure you'll see the players stop spewing crap out of their mouths and will actually try to perform and stop making excuses.

Also it seems that you guys have similar problems to ours. There's a misunderstanding of what a natural talent is. The selectors don't seem to be watching matches and instead are just going by previous stats.

India hasn't been a team that's ever been short of talent, the big issue is the attitude of the players and the board which is why they're underachieving.