View Single Post
Old December 8, 2012, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Anyway i came here when we won the tests and won the two odi's so i'll come here in defeat too, well done to the home team, in all honesty i thought we threw it away today with both the bat and the ball, you can't be 150 odd for 3 and not get over 217, thats just pathetic, they changed the team and brought in Russell and he was the difference in us losing imo, because though Smith was terrible with the bat he bowled tight overs, and with Russell giving away 51 runs it really cost us,

Gayle also was garbage and another reason why we lost this series, coming back from 2-0 down showed that we had heart, but when the senior men was asked to stand up again they just didn't, Sammy also showed his true colours today, one day good and then five days crap,

I really don't know what Bangladesh can learn from this, it's a confidence boost but apart from Riyad and Rahim who really stood up with the bat? the young opener started brightly but got totally found out once Roach got hold of him, Tamim failed again, naem failed aswell, so not much came out of the batting, in the bowling Gazi done ok, and the left-armer, but still no pacer made a big impact,

It will be interesting to see how you fare against Sri-lanka, they'll be used to the spin so how Bangladesh deal with that will be interesting to see, all in all i'm disappointed by todays defeat but i can't complain about whats happened to us this year, we've done much more than i expected, but again well done for the victory.
It was pleasure to compete against the (once mighty) West Indies (of the Seventies) and prove that we are improving. For you to join this forum with us in itself is an achievement for us. I am old enough to see the W-Indies of Viv Richards-Llyod-Marshall-Holding-Roberts-Greenige-Haynes rule the world for a while uncontested in the Seventies and Eighties.

It is with a lot of humility that I embrace a cricket fan like you to be part of this forum. We all won at the end. As a grade school boy in the Seventies I would only imgine that some day my country would win a series against the WI.

Ignore the comment that are made out of emotion by some members. See you again