View Single Post
Old December 2, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Zeeshan bro, there are all kinds of restrictions sending money from BD to anywhere outside BD. As ppl said already unless its a business, medical or study related Bangladesh bank wont allow it. Unfortunately reasons like 'buying a house in a foreign land' will not be entertained.

@Shahriyar bhai, on the US dollar account in BD, you still have to buy $100K from the open market (will cost you sth like 88-90 lac BDT) cause no bank will sell you that much dollar without knowing where the money is going (business/medical/study). And that someone paying you 100K in US and you pay their contact Bangla taka in BD is a form of hoondi, but Hoondi's usually do it the otherway where you pay dollar to their contacts here and they pay you taka in BD. I think it'll be hard to find someone willing to do the first one.

Anyways, dont know what to say Zee, most of the people I know who got money out of BD fo house/business here, usually had an account outside BD and saved money there over time, carrying $5K/10K on every trip out (as funny as it may sound). Let me (us) know if you manage to find a legal way of doing this ...