View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
You are a big fan of Abul. aren't you?
I like the way he batted on his test debut. If he doesn't crumble under the pressure of the subsequently higher expectation and sustain that kind of class and form, I will become first a fan, and then one of his biggest fans, at least when he bats.

Raju enables us to bat deep with positive intent and I think that's important. Guys like Babu, Dollar and to a lesser extent, Farhad Reza bat better than they bowl from what I've seen, and the jury's still out on Tapash, who can also bat.

Bowling-wise he has a long way to go but can be a decent 3rd seamer of us, provided someone instills the desire and the technique in him to bowl more accurately without compromising pace and venom. A tall order indeed without Ian who did a wonderful job with RBX and Shuhash in a VERY short period of time. At least RBX has managed to hold on to that learning somewhat. We ought to be a spin-centric attack anyway at this point.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)