View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
You are talking about Mash's bhuri, even a 9-month pregnant woman's tummy isn't this big. This is utterly shameful for anyone who call themselves professional athletes/sportsmen. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this, just goes to show how carelessly our players take the game, simply without any commitment whatsoever.
This can be looked as a positive as well if you take it from a different angle. Our team has moved on from Aftab type players. We might not have the best team, but with the players we have now, you can tell they are a lot more motivated and determined compared to the last lot. A lot of them do pay attention to their fitness. Of course we have a long ways to go in terms of professionalism in our national team but we have definitely made strides in this department.

Now the next step is to improve the motivation and determination of the domestic sides. We need to make sure that Aftab like players can no longer just walk in to their respective teams. They either have to work their butts off or go home and get another job. We need a no nonsense policy. If we can have a more strict regime in domestic cricket, our cricket can go a long way.