View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 08:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Medina is the most peaceful place on earth, I am willing to debate anyone on this . Egypt is more diverse than i ever thought(Diverse in ideology, in every way possible). last 21 days Alhamdulillah, was amazing and worth memorable trip. There were over 6 million people on Makkah Sharif( Masjid-al-Haraam/the haraam Masjid) on the last ten days of Ramadhan. subhanAllah! Makkah reminds me a lot of Dhaka, (The way people drive, food, culture, very crowded, the marketplaces, streets filled with bilais, Bengalis everywhere(I kid you not!)) Believe it or not, there is a clock tower right next to the Haraam Sharif,(very tall tower/ Shopping mall)...

I spent around less than 2 days in medina
around 17/18 days in Mekkah and 2 days in Egypt(Re-united with my Beloved Teacher/Best Friend, Visted the Giza Pyramids, visited Islamic Museum, Visited Al-azhar University, Visited Salahuddin's Citadel and had awesome food and company right next to the famous Nile river.)

Madeenah is so peaceful and calm, I really want to live there someday. praying behind Shiekh Salah albudair, simply the best taraweeh I have ever prayed in my life.

Makkah: Visited the deserts, had camel meat(really awesome taste, can't really compare with with beef/lamb), camel milk tastes really good. tasted the sweetness of fasting in 110 degrees heat weather. ALhamdulillah, I needed this spiritual experience. received royal treatment from our host, our shiekh. met many famous scholars.... I can't ever forget praying behind one of my most favorite reciters: Maher al-Mua'qali...every night in ramadhan we would pray Taraweeh from 9-11 and pray tahajjud from 1-3 in the Haraam Sharif. the Imam, Abdur Rahman as-Sudais would recite Beautiful Beautiful dua's very long ones too....Had a Wonderful, memorable Eid...really enjoyed eating McDonalds, KFC food I otherwise wouldn't eat at the states....met many wonderful people from many different places...

overall, ALhamdulillah, wonderful trip and experience but unorganized post

Fantastic! Seems like you had the time of your life. I want to try camel milk someday.

Keep it 100,

Roey