View Single Post
Old July 19, 2012, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yeah, very top notch posts coming through, sohel da, Jadukor da, Dr. Alfurqaan, Mufi, Rifat!!!

I would also like too add a few things here....

Israel is still just one country, and yes the Jewish lobby is very powerful in the U.S. Britain and other parts of Europe, there are still 70 something Islamic faith countries....another way to see the picture would be (not to take away any of the responsibility from us moslems from ever improving ourselves, and constantly got to kick our own selves) Islam and the existance of Islam from just this sheer mass, population, political advantages, geography makes the Islamic counties a far more powerful entity than any Jewish infrastructures altogether. It is a very uneven match. It is just a thought.

But bhais and apus, here New York City, Jews and Moslems are cousins, a know a lot of jewish folks who call Islam closest tpo their faith and cherish the common-binding between these two mass cultures. These are mostly liberal jews, but still someone who is active in practising their religion, that types. Hesidic and other very orthodox jewish groups I often found very insular (spell), interestingly they often remind me of many of my relatives back hoome from the village, the way they pray etc.

But I think both moslems and jewish folks in general take their religions very seriously and are very observant and pious....a lot of the practices and concepts are also very similar between these two people. Jewish folks brought bagels to NYC from Egypt!! The moslem priests say if you can't find halal in your locality go find some Kosher food and eat it!!

Hasidik Jewish folks speak in Yiddish or old german or something between themselves, I cannot understand, they, especially the older men always seem very angry and irritated. But in Israel, most Israelis have another European, U.S. Canadian or other passport, beacuse their mother or father will be from those countries like Alfurqaan said.